With fall rolling in soon, it’s important to take a close look at your home and note which areas need maintenance. This isn’t just limited to your roof or windows, however; you should also have your furnace checked to ensure it can provide the reliable heating performance you’ve come to expect. Try to schedule a furnace tune-up with The Ice-Man, the premier heating and AC contractor in the area, as soon as possible. Once you do, here’s what to expect:
Detailed Furnace Inspection
There are some tune-up procedures, such as checking and cleaning air filters, that a homeowner can do on their own. But tasks that require precision will need experienced HVAC technicians like ourselves. For example, we will:
- Inspect and clean the blower compartment. Our technicians may also lubricate the blower and bearings.
- Look for rust caused by moisture in the ducts and blower housing.
- Check all the wire connections. If the motor isn’t operating at a specific amperage rating and is using more energy than it should, our heating and air experts can accurately determine the cause and recommend repairs when the issue isn’t readily repairable as part of the tune-up.
- Make sure the refrigerant is at the specified level to prevent performance issues.
- Check and clean the condenser.
- Ensure that all safety controls are in place.
- Test to make sure the thermostat is working properly.
- Check for leaks in the ductwork and make certain air is being distributed evenly through the heating vents.
Why Scheduling a Furnace Tune-Up is Crucial
A furnace breakdown is more likely to occur without proper inspection and maintenance. By turning to The Ice-Man, a top heating and AC repair expert, to clean and adjust the components of your heating system, we can help ensure that it runs reliably and efficiently throughout the season. What’s more, tune-ups allow us to catch the early warning signs of heating problems, heading them off before they can worsen and compromise your system’s performance.
Look no further than The Ice-Man for high-quality solutions to your heating needs. We proudly serve Hopewell, NJ, and the areas in Greater Mercer County. Call us today at (609) 466-9020 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.